Monday 1 February 2016

February - Make your own Background

Today Sue is challenging us to make backgrounds for a project, whether that be cards, journal pages, book covers, hangings, altered boxes etc, etc or whatever comes to mind. The team have put their thinking caps on and been making a variety of different types of backgrounds and don't forget if you pop back every other day you will find as adding more inspirational pieces to whet your appetite.

Let's take a look at what we have for you today -




Having received a lovely new set of stamps for Christmas I decided to experiment with them on a double spread journal page, making the background using as many of the stamps as possible along with stencils and distress inks. Please join me on my blog if you would like more details.

*******

Doreen


I have made a Monoprint background today using my Gelli Plate.
More details over on my Blog

*******

Debs


Hello everyone, Debs here, with a great theme for me, as I just love creating my own backgrounds, and use them in most of my art. It gave me the opportunity to use loads of layers with stencils paints and inks. Please visit my blog to see more.

*******

Rachel


I had such fun using my gelli plate to help create this bright background for a journal spread. I hope you can pop along to visit me at my blog to get step by step details! Big hugs. Rachel x

*******


This being February I decided to make a Valentines' card for my first project. The background was made with a gelli print. If you want to see more detail, hop over to my blog and Happy February!

*******



For the February Challenge of the CVC I have created a wintry canvas with Tim Holtz Umbrella Man. I was inspired by a black and white photo and I wanted to make my own version with my stamps and cutouts. If you would like to see my tutorial, please visit my blog and click here.

*******




Well, Sue could hardly have come up with a better theme for me... it's rare that I don't make my own background, and it's also often the case that the background is my favourite part, whether of my own or of other people's projects!  For this first tag I used my favourite inky background technique, wrinkle-free-distress.  Come over to Words and Pictures if you'd like to see some more details.


*******



I decided to make a card using a textured background I had previously created - incorporating scraps of text, texture paste and distress paints. I added a few flowers and sentiment to complete my arrangement.

*******

 Gabrielle


I was so excited to play along with the challenge this month. I LOVE making backgrounds with lots of paint, stencils and stamps. This background uses four stencils! TO see the background before this was finished, please pop to my blog! Gabrielle x

*******

Brenda

 I love making my own backgrounds and had great fun with stamps, crackle paste and inks to create the backdrop for my collage. I have more details on how it was constructed on my blog

*******


Thanks to everyone who took up the challenge last month to be inspired by bottles. There are some fabulous entries and the winner will be announced soon.
Have fun making your own backgrounds, we look forward to seeing them linked below.

hugs Brenda and the Team xxx





24 comments:

  1. great backgrounds - and projects - from everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely interesting concept :)! Participating here for the first time. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving all of these gorgeous backgrounds created by the team. I just found out about this challenge through a fellow blogger and I am definitely joining the site. I love that this is a monthly blog and the theme is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great inspiration from everyone - I really enjoyed seeing them all in detail.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous challenge Sue and I've had a wonderful time visiting my team mates and seeing all the wonderful projects in detail. Fabulous inspiration! Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - what incredible backgrounds each of you created. This was such a treat... reading and seeing them all. You are every one just as talented as the next. GREAT INSPIRATIONS for us. Thanks bunches. Oh and... just in case I forget later.... HAPPY VALENTINE's DAY to you all - such big beautiful hearts on this design team - for sure!! j.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a brilliant collection of inspiration from the DT! Great theme for a challenge too! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the great creations this month, all the same theme but everyone so different. Fabulous hugs Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great samples and inspiration from the team!! Thank you!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What yummy inspiration from everyone!! I'd better get my thinking cap on, as I'd love to participate with this great theme! xx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous DT projects and inspirations and thanks for another fun and fabulous challenge too Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic backgrounds and creations from the DT.Inspiring. !st time taking part. I hope my card is okay.Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Inspiration by the Design Team. Thank you for a really fun challenge. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the challenge. Lovely work by the design team.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was pretty sure I left a comment, but I see it's sailed off for other worlds! The Design Team has really outdone themselves with these awesome backgrounds! Love the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow fabulous DT team inspiration will be popping in to take a closer look, really pleased I Managed to play great choice love making backgrounds.....lots of inky fingers....heaven. lol

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fabulous challenge theme!!! I am in awe of all the team projects....wow wow wow!!! Thank you for giving us a place to share our art.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous inspiration from the DT, the theme was just the prompt I needed to add interest to my CAS card (c:

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for the lovely challenge and wonderful DT work for added inspiration! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great theme for the challenge and loving the Dt samples. Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  21. As usual, the DT members have outdone themselves. And ... as I look over all the entries so far, it looks like the DT will have a tough time with choosing Top3 with all the amazing entries this time around. Wow!! What an inspiring challenge. Love it!! Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great inspiration by your design team!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for the gorgeous inspiration this month! What a fun challenge. Best, CG

    ReplyDelete

We love to know what you think about our site, our challenges and the projects our DT Members and guests donate. All constructive comments are welcome and if you have any questions we have provided a contact form on the sidebar.

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and support us. Happy crafting!

Susan and the CVC team xxx